Monday, March 21, 2011

The Next Floral Print

I've been working on "Poinsettia and Berry" and thought I would document what happens when the initial print isn't what one hopes it might be.  Here is the first artist proof:

"Poinsettia and Berry"
linoleum print - 9" x 12" - artist proof

It looks pretty good and I wanted some black areas--maybe even more than show here.  But I hated to lose the red of the leaves to solid black.  I decided I could always darken them when I hand color the print.  I did some more cutting and this is the result....

Poinsettia and Berry
9" x 12" - linoleum print 

I may have given up some graphic strength in service to texture and color, but I like it.  We'll see how it works....

No comments:

Post a Comment