Monday, April 21, 2014

Daily Painter Week One

On April 13th I began what is to be a year long adventure.  I committed to creating and posting on flickr's Daily Painters, a private ArtisTree sponsored site, one piece of artwork each day for the next year.  It can be a drawing, a painting, a collage, a photograph or whatever I feel inspired to do.  In my first week of work I decided to used gessoed paper and soft Ticonderoga black pencil.  The first three drawings are studies of little still life objects...


Pear


Apple


Morning Coffee

The next drawings focus on sap buckets, trying to capture the endless variety of values the winter and mud season landscape requires....


Sap Buckets I


Sap Buckets II


"Sap Buckets #1"
5 1/2" x 7 1/2" - soft pencil on gessoed paper


"Sap Buckets #3"
5 1/2" x 7 1/2" - soft pencil on gessoed paper

It has been an interesting challenge, working quickly and intuitively, sometimes starting with a focal point and building outward from there, cropping paper when it looked to be necessary, sometimes being a bit more planned in approach.  I'm enjoying the process so far.  And I'm trying not to think too much about the fifty-one weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment