Monday, April 28, 2014

Daily Painter Week Two

Well, I just finished week two of daily drawing and painting.  I am finding the daily exercise to be exciting and invigorating.  


A quick sketch with added watercolor at the Quechee covered bridge.

Since there isn't a lot of time to devote to each one I skip studies and the work becomes more spontaneous.  On the sap bucket drawings, I just found an interesting place to begin, worked out to the edge of the little paper--maybe 5" x 7"--and if the composition didn't work I just lopped off the uninteresting part--a kind of "flying by the seat of your pants" approach. 


"Sap Buckets" done in marker


"Sap Buckets #2"
5 1/2" x 7 1/2" - soft pencil on gessoed paper


"Sap Bucket #1"
6" x 8" - soft pencil on gessoed paper


"Shadow Ribbons I"
9" x 12" - watercolor

I am very happy with the last three pieces and consider them frame worthy.  And I haven't spent so much time in my studio in ages....

No comments:

Post a Comment