Saturday, August 4, 2018

A Rainy Day

My friend, Sandy, came to visit this week and our plan was to go out and paint plein aire but the weather didn't co-operate.  Yesterday, we were watching an inch and a half of rain falling as we set up to paint on the kitchen island.
My husband had given me a bouquet of sunflowers the day before and so it became our focus.  We painted a bit, chatted a bit, went out for lunch and by afternoon this is what showed up on my paper...


"August Sunflowers"
watercolor - 9" x 12"

I am so happy with my little sunflower watercolor and it has motivated me to get back to prioritizing time in the studio, out painting plein aire and even, occasionally, painting in the kitchen!  Thank you so much, Sandy, for jump starting my work!



1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful day and a great memory dear friend! Sandy

    ReplyDelete