I've been working on "Poinsettia and Berry" and thought I would document what happens when the initial print isn't what one hopes it might be. Here is the first artist proof:
"Poinsettia and Berry"
linoleum print - 9" x 12" - artist proof
It looks pretty good and I wanted some black areas--maybe even more than show here. But I hated to lose the red of the leaves to solid black. I decided I could always darken them when I hand color the print. I did some more cutting and this is the result....
Poinsettia and Berry
9" x 12" - linoleum print
I may have given up some graphic strength in service to texture and color, but I like it. We'll see how it works....
I am finally back to making art after our move and my new studio here at home is wonderfully convenient!
The computer is handy for blogging, referencing images, etc. And it's a dream to have lots of storage space for materials. There's room to breath here and a nice view of the south field through the trees.
Of course, today the view is of yet more snow (and the window screen is showing!) but I'm looking forward to a greener vista in a little while with spring only thirteen days away....
This afternoon I am working on designing my next prints in the flower series.