Friday, November 15, 2019

October 20th on Seabrook Island

      Yay!  Another day in the studio!  Yesterday afternoon, this is what I had on my work table - a dubious start to another Seabrook Island watercolor.

      

      The result, below is what happened after about four hours of work.  I am not entirely pleased with the result, but for the sake of my sanity I say it is DONE!
      Honestly, it was one of the hardest paintings I ever did.  I spent the day fighting with it and trying to simplify, simplify, simplify.  And thank goodness for gouache - it brought back the bright whites and softened some hard edges.  I always felt like I was "cheating" when I used it before, but after seeing a demo by Peter Huntoon at the Vermont Watercolor Society's Fall Meeting I decided I was stuck in the past and said to myself, if he can recommend and use it, I can use it too - FREEDOM!



"October 20th on Seabrook Island"
watercolor - 9" x12"

      It is always good to get away from your work an take a break.  Now,  I think when it is framed it will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment